Friday, May 28, 2010

Come On Weekend!!!

I haven't posted in a while. It's been hectic with all the end of school schedules. Plus the screen on my laptop is broken and its hard to see the screen. The girls are finally out of school for the summer (Thank God) and are enjoying every bit of it.

As far as my weight loss efforts, I had a small hiccup in the road but I'm back on full force. My rules that I'm following for weight loss are:

1 - When I'm hungry, eat

2 - EAT WHAT YOU WANT, not what you think you should (I listen to my body...here lately I've been eating a lot healthier because I listen to my body)

3 - Eat CONSCIOUSLY (not in front of the tv/computer, etc) and enjoy every mouthfull...put your fork/spoon/sandwich down between each bite (I still have a little trouble eating consciously at times...now putting down the fork, etc. I have no trouble with)

4 - When you think you are full, STOP eating

These are the rules I follow and so far, when I stick to eating this way I lose up to 1-3lbs a day. Now when I fall off, you can gain 1-3lbs back a day. I seem to be in a rut that I lose really good through the week and then on the weekends I fall off and gain 1-6lbs back & then I'm back to square one all over again. So it's like I'm riding my bike up a hill and I'm doing good then the weekend hits & I slide/slip and lose my ground and I'm back at the bottom of the hill where I started a week ago. However with Gods, help, lots of encouragement, Johnathan and Hannah helping, reporting in weekly to the WLW (Weight Loss Wednesdays http://karenehman.com/home/category/weight-loss-wednesdays/ ), and having a goal...I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. One scripture that God has constantly brought across my path has been Ecclesiastes 4:12: "A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braded cord is not easily broken." (NLT).

With God all things are possible. My short term specific goal is to lose 52lbs (which would put me at 275lbs) before we go on vacation or to loose as much weight as I can before we leave. I've already lost 12 lbs....so I'm just taking it one day at time. :-) If I don't get a chance to report in, have an awesome, SAFE holiday!

Much Love
Treva

No comments:

Post a Comment