Thursday, April 15, 2010

About me!

This is my first time blogging so here goes...

My name is Treva and I'm on a journey to lose weight (God's way) and be healthier. I've been married for almost 10yrs to a wonderful man (Johnathan) and we have 2 beautiful girls (Hannah 9yrs & Maddie 4yrs). I'm currently overweight (320lbs) and my goal weight is around 150lbs. About 3 yrs ago I got at my heaviest 383lbs...I remember thinking "how on God's green earth did I allow myself to get this big!!" Since then I've been dieting off and on and I've managed to lose 63lbs (which is great) but I want to loose more! God has been dealing with my heart about becoming better at sticking to my goals, praying and following His word; by doing that I know I'll have a healthier, thinner body. I want to be able to run, play and have fun with my girls while their young. I want to model healthy eating habits in front of them where they don't have to go through the struggles I'm currently facing. I've tried dieting on my own over and over again only to fall back into my old struggles and defeat; only to beat myself up again. I think I had even settled that there was no hope left for me and I'd be big for the rest of my life (or what my parents always said when I was younger "You're body isn't built to be skinny, you're big boned"). I think it all peaked when about 1 1/2 months ago when I found out I was having trouble with high blood pressure! I've never had any kind of "big" medical problems like that. I think that was a wake up call for me. Anyways with lots of praying, reading devotionals (http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/), encouragement from friends, family and health issues I decided it was time to take a stand...enough was enough! From reading my devotionals (http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/), I come to find out that Karen Ehman (http://karenehman.com/home/category/weight-loss-wednesdays/) went through weight struggles of her own and with Gods help has lost a lot of weight. God lead me to her WLW (Weight Loss Wednesdays) group and there's no turning back for me!!!! Thank God for his miraculous changing power! No turning back, God is in Control!

No comments:

Post a Comment